Mold Damage Tips
Mold occurs when there is an excess amount of moisture or water present and can grow on virtually anything. Therefore, the purpose of mold remediation is to correct the moisture problem and to rid the structure of moldy or contaminated materials. This will prevent human exposure to the mold and any further damage to the building materials or furnishings.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Pender/West Onslow to schedule an evaluation for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you have mold in your home, it's important that you have the professionals at SERVPRO of Pender/West Onslow handle the cleanup or remediation. The process of cleaning up mold can be complicated and dangerous if you are not trained to do the job properly.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Pender/West Onslow specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. Our technicians are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely. Call our office at 910-319-0600 to schedule your mold remediation.